Who we are:
Grand Visual Holdings is composed of Grand Visual and QDOT. Grand Visual unique production company providing creative services for digital OOH. QDOT provides Advertising Technology solutions for digital OOH campaign management.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Lawful basis for processing your personal data
- Sharing your data
- Transfer of personal data to other countries
- How long data is kept
- Access to your information and correction
- Your rights about how your data is used
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
The information we hold about you is primarily information you provided when commencing your employment at Grand Visual, potentially supplemented by information generated during the course of your employment.
- Your name
- Your contact details:
- Postal Address
- Contact telephone number
- Personal Email address
- Unique personal identifiers and biographical information
- Date of birth
- Personal data provided by you for a specific purpose or purposes (for example, disability)
- CCTV recording in the legitimate interest of preventing crime, preventing employee misconduct, ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures.
- Financial information gathered for the purposes of administering payments.
- Copies of passports, visas, and other documents required to ensure compliance with Home Office requirements.
- Your job application and/or curriculum vitae.
- Details of your career.
- Your contract of employment.
- Disciplinary, grievance and capability procedures.
- Accidents at work.
How will we use the information about you?
- Internal communications (email & written)
- Internal reporting and record keeping (e.g. attendance)
- Administrative purposes (e.g. salary payment)
- Issuing references at your request.
- Contacting you, your next of kin, or other relevant contact in case of an emergency.
- Your personal mobile phone number will only be used if you have given consent.
- Please give consideration to the email you supply us. This should ideally be a business email – personal or sole trader email addresses may have specific implications in terms of the consent we require from you within the scope of this document. Please discuss with the operations team or email [email protected].
Special category data
- ethnic origin;
- trade union membership;
- biometrics (where used for ID purposes);
- sex life; or
- sexual orientation
Lawful basis for processing your personal data
In most cases the lawful basis for processing your personal data is for Grand Visual to carry out a legitimate interest in running the business.
Additionally the lawful basis is a legal and contractual obligation with you as an employee, e.g. payment of your salary or fulfil our tax obligations.
Both cases may result in your personal data being stored in administrative systems as is reasonably necessary to fulfil such obligations. In particular:
- BambooHR is used for our general HR functionality. Privacy notice can be found here.
- TrafficLive is used as our agency management system. Privacy notice can be found here.
In order for the business to carry out its day-to-day activities and pursue its legitimate interest to do so, various log files are created on many of our systems. This files are used to help with detection and investigation of data breaches or malicious activities on these systems. Grand Visual may where absolutely necessary use this data as part of disciplinary, grievance or capability procedures. Such logs are maintained only as long as is reasonable.
Sharing your data
Relevant data, including your bank details, will be shared with our payroll providers and may be shared with our accountants (for payment of expenses).
Relevant data may be shared with your next of kin but only with your consent or in an emergency.
With your permission we may share information about you for publicity and marketing purposes online, in print and on social media.
Grand Visual Holdings will not share your personal information with any other companies.
Transfer of personal data to other countries
Where data is shared within the UK, or the European Union (EU), the third party will be required to comply with and safeguard the data under the terms of the Data Protection Act and appropriate EU regulations.
Your personal information will only be transferred to countries, outside of the EU, whose data protection laws have been assessed as adequate by the European Commission, or where adequate safeguards, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield, are in place.
How long data is kept
We will keep your personal data only as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
Where you exercise your right to erasure, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data (name, dates of employment and date of birth) to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in future, and to maintain your record for archive purposes. We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes (e.g. accounting matters).
In order for the business to carry out its day-to-day activities and pursue its legitimate interest to do so, various backup files are created on many of our systems. As such some personal data collected as outlined in this policy may be duplicated. This will only be done where absolutely necessary and such backups are only used for the purposes of recovery in the event of a system failure. All system specific privacy and management policies take into account these backups and they are maintained only as long as is reasonable.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at [email protected] or use the contact information at the bottom of this page, stating your name and a preferred method of contact.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by emailing us at [email protected]
Your rights about how your data is used
You may exercise your right to have your personal data erased in a number of circumstances e.g. if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was created or you withdraw your consent (where consent was the original legal basis for processing).
Additionally you can tell us that we can keep your data but must stop processing it, including preventing future mailings and communications. If possible we will inform any third parties to whom your data has been disclosed of your requirement.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of your data where we give the legal basis as:
- In the legitimate interest of Grand Visual to pursue its lawful business;
- the performance of a task in the public interest; or
- exercise of official authority.
Please contact Grand Visual at [email protected] stating the specific reasons why you are objecting to the processing of your data. These reasons should be based upon your particular situation. Please be aware that the above circumstances do not give you an absolute right to have the data processing activity stopped, however Grand Visual will review each request and inform you of our decision. If you are not satisfied with any such decision you have the right to complain to our governing authority, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. For more guidance please see here.
How to contact us
- By email: [email protected]
- Or by writing to us at:
27 – 29 Glasshouse Street
If you have any concerns over your privacy you can contact our governing authority, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.